Monday, November 29, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving

     I hope that all of you had a great Thanksgiving, and for all of you outside of the U.S I hope that you had a great November 25th. I am truly thankful for my relationship with God, my husband, my kids, and my family. I think it's great when we take the time to think about what we are thankful for...the good in our lives. Wow! What a mood changer that can be. I know people who when they are feeling sad who sit down and think about all that they are thankful for in their lives. And it helps them to appreciate and focus on the good instead of dwelling on the negative...it helps put things into perspective. I think that's a big challenge for abuse survivors.

     For anyone who has lived through any kind of abuse it's such a trauma in our lives that it becomes a center peace of our life and of our thinking. The challenge then becomes trying to get untangled from the mass of negative thoughts and feelings that our minds become submerged in. It's like our minds don't know any other way of being, and it takes a re-training (in a sense) of our minds to over come it. You have to be dedicated to becoming healthy, and to seek out resources that will help you to be able to move forward with your life. You first have to be willing to make changes in order for there to be any possibility of a change occurring because with out willingness you will remain stuck where you are at.

Oh, did I mention that I am thankful for my pets. What are you thankful for? Why not take some time to sit down and think about all that you are thankful for...all the good in your life. You just might smile, and I hope you do. Take care of yourselves and God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment