Monday, August 23, 2010

A Letter From God To Me

     In one of my groups I had to write a letter to God, and then write a letter from God to me. I would like to share the letter that I wrote from God to me. It was an extremely helpful exercise for me to do.

Dear Leah,

My Child, I shall comfort your waste places; make your wilderness like Eden, and your desert like the garden of the Lord; joy and gladness shall be found in you with thanksgiving, and the voice of melody (Is 51:3). I will comfort you as a mother comforts her child (Is 66:13) for I am the Father of mercies, and the God of all comfort (2 Cor 1:3).

For I have seen your ways, and will heal you. I will lead you and restore comfort (Is 57:18). I will heal your backsliding, I will love you freely: for mine anger is turned away from you (Ho 14:4). I will restore health unto you, and I will heal you of your wounds because they called you an outcast, saying, this is Leah, whom no man seeks after (Jer 30:17). When you dwell under my shadow you shall return and revive as the corn, and grow as the vine: the sent thereof shall be pleasing (Ho 14:7). My presence shall go with you, and I will give you rest (Ex 33:14).

Your Loving Father,

God

Here are the Bible verses that I used:

Isaiah 51:3 – For the Lord shall comfort Zion: he will comfort all her waste places; and he will make her wilderness like Eden, and her desert like the garden of the Lord; joy and gladness shall be found therein, thanksgiving, and the voice of melody.

Isaiah 66:13 – As one whom his mother comforteth, so will I comfort you; and ye shall be comforted in Jerusalem

2 Corinthians 1:3 – Blessed be God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies, and the God of all comfort

Isaiah 57:18 – I have seen his ways, and will heal him: I will lead him also, and restore comforts unto him and to his mourners

Hosea 14:4 – I will heal their backsliding, I will love them freely: for mine anger is turned away from him

Jeremiah 30:17 – For I will restore health unto thee, and I will heal thee of thy wounds, saith the Lord; because they called thee an Outcast, saying, This is Zion, whom on man seeketh after

Hosea 14:7 – They that dwell under his shadow shall return; they shall revive as the corn, and grow as the vine: the scent thereof shall be as the wine of Lebanon (I feel as though I should explain why this verse was used. When it comes to our relationship with God we can grow vertically...like the corn. And when it comes to our relationships with people we can grow horizontally...like the vine. Not only does the vertical and horizontal growth represent the cross, but this verse also tells me that God will heal and revive my relationship with him, and that He will heal and grow my relationships with others).

Exodus 33: 14 – And he said, My presence shall go with thee, and I will give thee rest

No comments:

Post a Comment