Monday, August 23, 2010

A Power Greater Than Myself

     I was just asked in a workbook to write down..."What do you currently believe about a Power greater than yourself?" I find these exercises helpful for me. They help to remind me of what a wonderful God it is that I serve.

Here is MY answer:

     I AM A CHRISTIAN and I believe that God loves me. There is nothing that I can do to earn His love, but He loves me freely. He sent His ONLY Son to die a horrible death so that I can have forgiveness of my sins, healing, and deliverance. That Jesus Christ, God's ONLY Son, loves me enough to WILLINGLY lay down his life and to suffer a horrible death for my sake, to take my place so that I may have everlasting life. There is NO GREATER LOVE THAN THIS...that Jesus lay down His life for me when I was still a sinner, and I knew not the joy of living under the power, grace, mercy, and love of God.

This kind of love is available to anyone who wants it...isn't that great!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment